The Internal Auditor will play an important role on the global Internal Audit (IA) team in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. The Internal Auditor will assist in the execution of the annual IA plan including financial, operational and compliance audits and value-add projects. Specifically, the Internal Auditor will learn the business operations, build strong relationships with business owners, and perform walkthroughs, testing, analysis and reporting consistent with our professional standards. As a team we will deploy a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance.
The ideal person for this position will be a fast learner, have a partnership mindset and be willing and able to keep up in a fast-paced public company environment. The role will support local teams with compliance matters as well as coordinate and perform internal audits over business processes, applications and for SOX compliance, in sync with the global IA team, local management and external auditors. Strong project management will be essential to the success of the role as there will concurrent ongoing workstreams to manage.
The role will be the face of the global IA team in Europe with expectations of building relationships across the region and the learning processes unique to the region in order to provide more tailored IA services. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the business and have an impact immediately through internal audits and contributions to the continuous improvement efforts in the region. There will be opportunity to advance your knowledge of IA, SOX compliance, company governance and the operations of medical manufacturing. Our focus is not only on producing the best X-ray related products for a healthier life and providing industrial scan services that make our lives safer; but also one that realizes the importance of you as a person and your development.
The role will report to the global IA Director with a dotted line reporting line to the C&C Controller. There will be an expectation to travel approximately 25% regionally and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the SOX compliance effort by performing walkthroughs and testing in alignment with stakeholders (external auditors, business owners and Management);
- Perform audits and reporting within the global IA team’s project management framework;
- Assist with various risk assessments in collaboration with business owners and help to disseminate information that leads to higher awareness and mitigation practices;
- Assist with financial statement analysis and scoping to support the SOX program and for internal audits;
- Perform audits in accordance with professional standards and to ensure that external auditors can rely on the work of IA;
- Review of policies, procedures and documentation to identify gaps and improvements;
- Assist with analysis, documentation and follow-up on deficiencies;
- Partner with business owners to proactively identify and resolve control concerns timely ;
- Assist with creation of documentation, analysis and controls as needed for internal audits;
- Assist with developing and communicating training and educational materials for audit, risk and controls
Keys to Success:
- Apply strong project management practices;
- Trust building and creating value through business partnerships;
- Learn the business, our processes, technology and apply what you learn every day;
- Bring a sense of excitement and help your peers solve problems;
- Diplomacy, ingenuity, and work ethic.|
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5-year relevant experience that enables you to execute internal audits in a public company;
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience commensurate with the essential duties and responsibilities;
- Relevant professional credentials such as: CPA, CISA, CIA, CA or equivalent;
- Proficiency in generally accepted accounting principles, SOX compliance and COSO.
What can you expect from Varex:
- The ability to make a difference at an international organization;
- An exciting working environment in a modern, innovative and growing organization;
- Varied and challenging activities;
- Work environment where quality is very important;
- Excellent employment conditions package.