Director Product Management Medical Devices
As Director Product Management Medical Devices, you will develop and execute the product strategy and roadmap for the Connect and Control (C&C) division, by clearly understanding and defining the customer needs and working collaboratively across the organization to develop partnerships and support to drive the strategy forward.
- Product strategy
Responsible for determining the medical device product strategy for C&C as part of Varex’s overall strategy. Works with colleagues and divisions to get support for new product ideas and execution of product plans.
The primary owner of the product roadmaps cascaded down to the individual Product Managers. Works closely together with R&D and Sales to define customer needs and provide clear customer requirements for the product development teams.
- Customer needs
Works closely together with OEM customers and end users to clearly identify the customer needs both from a customer and an end user perspective. Is the subject matter expert for clinical workflow and procedures and is able to turn these into clear product requirements.
- New Product Introduction
Is the primary owner for the new product introduction plans and works closely together with sales, product development and operations for a smooth execution.
- Product Training
Is the product expert and point person for all product related questions and provides product training for the Connect and Control and Varex Sales teams.
Manages a group of Product Managers and/or Specialists and provides leadership across the organization on the product strategy and roadmaps.
- Business planning
Works in close collaboration with Sales for developing the C&C business plan in terms of market segmentation and targeting.
Defines the pricing strategy based on customer value analysis, creating value for the customer and profitability for the organization.
- Business development
Proactively identifies opportunities for business partnerships and acquisitions that strengthen the Varex product portfolio with the focus on C&C.
- BSc degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical / Electrical / Biomedical;
- More than ten years of experience in a product management role in the medical device industry;
- Deep knowledge of the radiology market from an equipment and end user perspective;
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle management;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role in an international operating organization;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
And what else do you bring:
- Knowledge of product development processes;
- Strong communication skills and a relationship builder;
- You are an optimist and have persuasiveness;
- You have a hands-on mentality;
- You set a good example: Walk the Talk!
In this position of Director Product Management Medical Devices you are a member of the management team of C&C and you are responsible for determining and executing the product strategy for C&C and for the results of goals and objectives (KPIs) and reporting (P&L C&C).
What can you expect from Varex:
- The ability to make a difference at an international organization;
- An exciting working environment in a modern, innovative and growing organization;
- Varied and challenging activities;
- Work environment where quality is very important;
- Excellent employment conditions package.